Friday, July 12, 2013

Gay marriage...

At the San Francisco Marriage License Counter:
>
> "Next."
>
> "Good morning. We want to apply for a marriage license."
>
> "Names?"
>
> "Tim and Jim Jones."
>
> "Jones?? Are you related?? I see a resemblance."
>
> "Yes, we're brothers."
>
> "Brothers?? You can't get married."
>
> "Why not?? Aren't you giving marriage licenses to same gender couples?"
>
> "Yes, thousands. But we haven't had any siblings. That's incest!"
>
> "Incest? No, we are not gay."
>
> "Not gay?? Then why do you want to get married?"
>
> "For the financial benefits, of course. And we do love each other."
>
> "But we're issuing marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples
> who've been denied equal protection under the law. If you are not
> gay, you can get married to a woman."
>
> "Wait a minute. A gay man has the same right to marry a woman as I
> have. But just because I'm straight doesn't mean I want to marry a
> woman. I want to marry Jim."
>
> "And I want to marry Tim, Are you going to discriminate against us
> just because we are not gay?"
>
> "All right, all right. I'll give you your license. Next."
>
> "Hi. We are here to get married."
>
> Names?"
>
> "John Smith, Jane James, Robert Green, and June Johnson."
>
> "Who wants to marry whom?"
>
> "We all want to marry each other."
>
> "But there are four of you!"
>
> "That's right. You see, we're all bisexual. I love Jane and Robert,
> Jane loves me and June, June loves Robert and Jane, and Robert loves
> June and me. All of us getting married together is the only way that
> we can express our sexual preferences in a marital relationship."
>
> "But we've only been granting licenses to gay and lesbian couples."
>
> "So you're discriminating against bisexuals!"
>
> "No, it's just that, well, the traditional idea of marriage is that
> it's just for couples."
>
> "Since when are you standing on tradition?"
>
> "Well, I mean, you have to draw the line somewhere."
>
> "Who says?? There's no logical reason to limit marriage to couples.
> The more the better. Besides, we demand our rights! The mayor says the
> constitution guarantees equal protection under the law. Give us a
> marriage license!"
>
> "All right, all right. Next."
>
> "Hello, I'd like a marriage license."
>
> "In what names?"
>
> "David Deets."
>
> "And the other man?"
>
> "That's all. I want to marry myself."
>
> "Marry yourself?? What do you mean?"
>
> "Well, my psychiatrist says I have a dual personality, so I want to
> marry the two together. Maybe I can file a joint income-tax return."
>
> "That does it!? I quit!!? You people are making a mockery of marriage!!"
>

No comments:

Post a Comment